FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please share our website address with your students and parents, and let us know if we need to include any other information on our website. We look forward to seeing you and your staff!
- Can I get a single dorm room? A limited number are available for students or adults for an extra charge.
- Will there be a book swap? Yes. Gather your extra 2017 yearbooks and bring them with you. You may trade your yearbooks for others to gain new ideas and inspiration.
- Do you issue refunds? No refunds can be given, but you may substitute attendees until June 13. Since we must turn in to the University an accurate list of attendees on this date, no changes can be made after June 13.
- Do you offer a CEU certificate? We provide a letter of attendance and a workshop schedule that you may submit to your school system for continuing education units. Our attendees have reported earning 15-23 points for attending our workshop. The amount varies and is determined by each school system.
- Is it all work? No! Your staff will need a break and a few laughs, so join our photo scavenger hunt competition and/or other fun team-building activities. Advisers will have an opportunity to socialize and learn from one another.
- Will Wi-fi or computers be available? Yes. Each registrant will receive a free login and be able to access the internet on their own laptops or use the schools' computers, which are located throughout the campus. We highly recommended bringing a laptop. Bring a memory stick in order to save your PDF files and give to those helping you print.
- What are access cards? Access cards are used as a meal card in Heilman Dining Center and to enter the outer doors of the dorm. Overnight campers will receive 6 meals on their cards, and commuters will receive 2 lunches. Dorm access is controlled; advisers will have 24-hour access, but students’ cards prevent them from entering the dorm after 11 p.m. They must be inside before curfew.
- Are there workshop staff chaperons assigned to the students? No. Yearbook advisers from each school typically come with their students. It is the adviser’s responsibility to notify parents if he/she cannot attend, and parents must decide whether or not to send their children to our workshop. If notified in advance, there will be adults who can check in with the students, but the adults will not be with them the entire time. If you have concerns, please call the workshop coordinator or your Jostens representative to discuss this further.
- How many meals are included in tuition? For dorm residents, there are 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners included. The commuter tuition includes 2 lunches, but you may contact us to add more meals. The cafeteria staff does a great job with marking foods for special dietary needs.
- What if I register and can’t attend later? Because we are required to turn in numbers and registration lists to the University several times throughout the spring, we cannot reduce our numbers. Therefore, we do not offer refunds at any time. We do, however, offer participant substitutions. To guarantee your registration, we must have your online registration and one of our payment options by June 13.
- Are awards given? Due to the rave reviews, you will continue to post your progress for all to see, and we’ll once again host the People’s Choice Awards! As a staff, you will vote for your three favorite theme packages, and only one vote can be for your own work. The Grand Prize Winner will take home the first place trophy and a scholarship!
- Will I be able to meet with an artist to design my cover? Yes. Every staff will have a 45-minute appointment with a professional artist. Please be on time (appointments given at registration) and prepared. Work with your staff to have an idea ready and gather all design elements, which may include the following:
- fonts (see Jostens Fonts poster)
- mascot artwork (high res digital, 300 dpi)
- photos (high res digital, 300 dpi)
- colors (see Jostens Colors book)
- spine copy (2018 Jostens University Culpeper, VA Vol. 54)